TeleMedicineIndex.com's Clinical Advisory Board was established to advise its senior managers, client advisors, and analysts on clinical efficacy and efficiency, as well as medical procedures in the telemedicine field. This group will serve as a resource providing feedback on specific clinical questions and field studies, and will offer recommendations on issues impacting the telemedicine field.
The Clinical Advisory Board members are:
- Joseph Kvedar, M.D., Chairman - Director of Telemedicine at Partners Healthcare System Inc., and Vice Chair, Department of Dermatology, Harvard Medical School;
- Melvin H. Nutig, M.D. - Orthopaedic surgeon in private practice, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles;
- Mark Goldberg, M.D. - Vice President of the Advanced Technology Group at PAREXEL International and President of the American Telemedicine Association (ATA);
- Anne Burdick, M.D. - Professor, University of Miami School of Medicine, and former director of the ATA; and
- Elizabeth Krupinski, Ph.D. - Research Professor in Department of Radiology at University of Arizona.
"We are privileged to have a Clinical Advisory Board with such diverse and strong experience", commented Peter Leitner, who is CEO of TeleMedicineIndex.com. "The group's guidance and counsel will be invaluable to us in the future development of our content, including our Index, as well as our advisory and investment activities."
Comprising 100 public companies, The Waterford Telemedicine Index is considered an industry bellwether used for benchmarking, forecasting, and valuing telemedicine enterprises. It is weighted by market capitalisation and other variables including Waterford's Star Rating System, which measures each firm's exposure to the telemedicine market.
TeleMedicineIndex.com features industry analyses, company profiles, daily columns, interviews, news coverage, as well as the Waterford Telemedicine Index. On the Web, it is the virtual arm of Waterford Telemedicine Partners, which provides corporate finance and strategic advisory services to telemedicine ventures.
Founded by Waterford Advisors Inc. in July 1999, Waterford Telemedicine Partners provides corporate finance and strategic advisory services. The firm is headquartered in New York City. Further details are available in the VMW May 2000 article Web site for strategic and institutional health care investors hires industry veteran.