The preliminary programme includes the following speakers and topics:
- Virtual Environments in Surgery - chair: Dr. Nigel John, University of Manchester
- Dr. Andy Dobrzeniecki, University of Copenhagen, "Visualarium Project"
- Professor Robert Stone, Virtual Presence, "User-Centred Approaches to Surgical Simulation Design Using Virtual Reality"
- Dr. Sean Mackay, St Mary's Hospital, London, "Virtual Reality in Surgical Education: current status and future prospects"
- Dr. Nick Phillips, Leeds General Infirmary, "Virtual Reality for Navigation and Training in Neurosurgery"
- Virtual Environments in Psychiatry - chair: Dr. Mel Slater, University College of London
- Dr. Larry Hodges of Georgia Tech, USA
- Professor David Clark, Head of Institute of Psychiatry, London
The event is expected to attract some 75-100 people, mostly from academia. More details will become available progressively but you can already contact Dr. Nigel John for further information about this seminar.