With a 64-user RIS license, Longmont United Hospital will also deploySunquest's Web-View Internet access to clinical results, edit and inquiry functions for improved efficiency, and Ad Hoc Report Writer for custom reporting. Working in conjunction with several existing hospital information systems, the Sunquest RIS solution will equally include a comprehensive set of application interfaces for admission/discharge/transfer (ADT), billing, order entry, results reporting, MRS, and digital dictation.
"As Sunquest continues to evolve its clinical information software solutions, client acceptance by technology-savvy organisations like Longmont United Hospital provide continuous confirmation that we are meeting or exceeding market needs and requirements", stated Mark Emkjer, President and General Manager of Sunquest Information Systems. "Sunquest's commitment to providing best of class clinical information solutions, coupled with our demonstrated, world-class service, helps our clients achieve their business, clinical, and quality of patient care goals."
Sunquest's RIS integrates information and images into one easy-to-use, easy-to-access electronic source which provides a wide range of functionality, including:
- Patient registration with on-line review of patient examination history and interfaces to ADT and order entry.
- Appointment scheduling with user-defined rules for automated appointment booking and effective room utilisation.
- Patient tracking that accommodates bar code entry of exam status updates and monitors patients and exams throughout the enterprise.
- Bar Code support for rapid flow of film through the film management process.
- Comprehensive film receipt and tracking.
- Patient reports with customisable reporting template and voice recognition with playback to decrease time creating exam reports.
- Fee billing that captures both hospital and radiologist charges and includes built-in options for dynamic electronic batch or file batch billing.
- Optional support modules include an ad hoc report writer, integrated mammography reporting and tracking, integrated voice recognition, Sunquest Financial applications, and Clinical Event Manager, a decision support and clinical alerting system.