For the past decade, St. Vincent's developed and implemented technologies aimed at creating a digital and wireless environment. BellSouth's wireless LAN network solution is one of the final steps in achieving a digital environment which places both historical and real time patient data along with best practice and medical information in the caregiver's hands, at the moment a decision is needed.
"The wireless LAN network is another enhancement to our system which enables physicians to access vital patient information and the knowledge they need at the point of care and beyond the walls of the hospital to make quicker, better informed decisions", stated Curtis James, St. Vincent's president and CEO. "Physicians and nurses will finally be free to use their wireless devices securely to optimise their time, and make more timely assessments and decisions. The result will be better care for our patients and efficiencies for our physicians and staff."
The hospital's wireless LAN solution leverages the robust capabilities which BellSouth's network delivers. Providing a suite of industry-leading data solutions and increasing access to data at the metro level, ensures companies have the tools necessary to deliver innovative applications that meet key business objectives. In addition to the wireless LAN solution, St. Vincent's also relies on BellSouth for Internet connectivity, Frame Relay, and redundant SONET network to access and transport mission-critical data.
BellSouth's strategic relationship with Cisco is a key element to the company's ability to provide data solutions to its customers. BellSouth's portfolio of solutions integrates voice and data transport, equipment and professional services, offering companies a single source provider that enables converged voice, data and Internet communications.
Cisco awards the IP Telephony Service Specialisation to business partners who demonstrate expertise, experience and high levels of customer satisfaction in delivery, planning, design and implementation of Cisco IP Telephony services. It is one of six Cisco Specialisations BellSouth has earned, including:
- Cisco IP Telephony Specialisation which recognises business partner's knowledge and expertise in selling, designing, installing and supporting a multi-service network solution.
- Cisco Voice Access Specialisation which recognises business partner's ability to successfully sell, design, install and support Cisco remote dial access products, offering a unified network architecture.
- Cisco Wireless LAN Specialisation which recognises business partner's knowledge and expertise in building and maintaining end-to-end wireless network connections throughout or between buildings, without the limitations of wires or cables.
- VPN Security Specialisation which recognises business partner's knowledge and expertise in selling, designing, installing, and supporting a network security solution.
- IP Telephony Services Specialisations which recognise business partner's expertise, experience and high customer satisfaction in delivery of planning, design and implementation services around Cisco IP Telephony.
- Network Management which recognises business partner's expertise and resources to successfully design, sell, install and support Cisco Network Management solutions.