For Qualis Health, MEDecision's long-term vision of collaborative care management, the common patient view enabled by IMM, as well as IMM's leading-edge technologies drove the selection of the MEDecision suite. "MEDecision solutions directly address the advanced functionality we need to advance our business", stated Marci Weis, vice president, care management of Qualis Health. "Their vision of collaborative care management aligns with ours. The future of Qualis Health lies in facilitating a common view of a patient's health to foster better decisions and ultimately improve the quality outcomes and affordability of health care. IMM brings that vision to life."
John H. Capobianco, president and chief marketing officer of MEDecision, stated: "Qualis Health recognizes the value we can bring to the table. With IMM's flexible and responsive care management environment and its functionally integrated and adaptable work flow, Qualis Health can continue to advance the impact of collaborative health care for its clients."
Qualis Health performs a broad array of care management services including case, disease and utilization management review for insurance companies, employer groups, and government organisations. After an extensive vendor selection process, Qualis Health chose MEDecision for the company's product functionality, vision and technologies. In particular, Qualis Health valued IMM's Service Oriented Architecture and Web services vision, as well as the team collaboration encouraged by IMM's functional integration, adaptable work flow, and common patient view.
Responding to customers needs and providing them with industry-leading services was a key priority for Qualis Health. With IMM, Qualis Health will be able to maximize efficiency and quality. For example, the company will be able to optimize its work flow automation by taking work from one care team member and handing it off to another care team member seamlessly. Qualis Health also will be able to use iEXCHANGE to improve service to its provider community via automated communications.
Another MEDecision strength was its stability. Continued Qualis Health's Marci Weis: "We chose MEDecision because it's the market leader in both vision and execution. As the supplier of our core systems, MEDecision is a strategic partner in our long-term success."
Qualis Health is a private, non-profit organisation that offers programmes and services to generate, apply and disseminate knowledge to improve the quality of health care delivery and health outcomes. In operation since 1974, the firm has headquarters in Seattle with offices in Boise and Anchorage.
MEDecision Inc., a software expert in collaborative care management, has announced outstanding growth in 2004. Last year, 13 customers signed new contracts for Integrated Medical Management (IMM), the company's comprehensive suite of collaborative care management solutions to improve patient outcomes, reduce medical errors, and increase operational efficiencies.
"The value of our 2004 contracts is almost double that of 2003", stated John H. Capobianco. "That explosive growth reflects the value our customers place on MEDecision and IMM as we continue to pioneer the field of collaborative care management, providing the common patient view that fosters better decisions and improves the outcome and affordability of health care."
Last year, MEDecision signed new contracts with the following organisations:
- AmeriHealth Administrators, a provider of customized, high-quality health benefits administration programmes and related outsourcing services to self-insured companies nationwide;
- CoreSource, a subsidiary of Trustmark Mutual Holding Company, one of the largest employee benefit integrators and third party administrators, serving self-insured companies with local market knowledge backed by national resources, delivered with a personal touch;
- Horizon BlueCross BlueShield of New Jersey, a not-for-profit organisation headquartered in Newark and the state's largest health insurer, providing individuals and employers in New Jersey with convenient access to quality health care, wherever they live or work;
- Qualis Health, a private, non-profit organisation that offers programmes and services to generate, apply and disseminate knowledge to improve the quality of health care delivery and health outcomes;
- The New York-Presbyterian Community Health Plan, a managed care company formed by the merger of the New York Hospital and Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center;
- WEA Trust, a not-for-profit insurance and financial services organisation dedicated to building financial security for Wisconsin's public school employees; and
- Wisconsin Physician Services, a not-for-profit insurance company specializing in health and benefits plans for businesses and individuals.