Zygote, in collaboration with medical experts, has spent thousands of hours developing its 3D human anatomy collection to be the most extensive, anatomically correct and superior product available. This collection is geared toward medical animation professionals and is delivered electronically in six major formats: 3D Studio MAX, Maya, C4D, HRC, LWO, OBJ, and XSI.
"We are excited to bring our world class 3D human anatomy technology to Turbo Squid", stated Bryan Brandenburg, CEO of Zygote Media Group. "This collection is of the highest quality for medical animation and Turbo Squid's members can be assured they are getting the most extensive collection available on the planet."
The collection has 3D models of the complete human anatomy including muscular systems, skeletal systems, lymphatic systems, nervous systems, digestive systems, circulatory systems, endocrine systems, male reproductive systems, respiratory systems, urinary systems, and integumentary.
The Zygote Male Anatomy Collection has been used in a variety of productions including "Hollow Man" and the "Fifth Element". The Version 2.0 Collection has a suggested retail price of $13.995, with an introductory price of $9995 for a limited time. Zygote is also available for customized science visualization and medical animation work through Turbo Squid as well.
"Turbo Squid has built a solid reputation distributing high quality 3D content for the videogame, film and architectural communities for five years", stated Dan Lion, vice president of sales and marketing for Turbo Squid. "We've recently moved into the biomedical animation and model market based on feedback from our customers. The Zygote Male Anatomy Model set is the ultimate offering to this market since it is anatomically correct and of the highest quality. It is available in all major 3D formats and a bargain to artists who need complex anatomy models. We're excited to have Zygote as a partner in this endeavour."
Anatomical systems included are:
- Muscular: Over one hundred individual muscles, deep and superficial, with connective tissue and tendons. It includes each individual muscle of the axial and appendicular skeleton with proper origin and insertion points.
- Skeletal: With over two hundred bones, this is a very comprehensive and detailed collection. The beautiful Skeletal System was carefully digitized from casts of a real skeleton. Each bone and tooth comes with a high level of geometric resolution and detail that is efficiently maintained throughout the model: from Skull to Phalanges.
- Lymphatic: The Lymphatic system is a schematic of the lymphatic system including nodes and ducts.
- Nervous: This Nervous System model includes Zygote's highly detailed Central and Peripheral Nervous System models digitized from physical models. The resolution and detail are stunning and sufficient for any application.
- Digestive: The model of the Digestive system begins with the beautiful Teeth and Gums, and includes all of the digestive organs. The organs are all compatible with the male (female) figures and anatomy systems.
- Circulatory: The Circulatory System model includes a highly detailed heart, arterial flow to and venous flow from fingers, toes and organs, to the base of the brain and through the cranium and face.
- Endocrine: The Endocrine System models include glands and organs, each individually grouped for selections and visualization.
- Male Reproductive: The model of the Male Reproductive System includes all internal and external structures and organs of the male reproductive system.
- Respiratory: The Respiratory System includes anatomical features from the Oronasal Cavity to the Bronchial Tree, with highly detailed models of lungs and respiratory cartilage. Each component is individually grouped and meticulously modeled with high resolution and detail.
- Urinary: The model of the Urinary System includes high quality models from Kidneys to External Urethra. This model is compatible with the Zygote Figures and with the Anatomy Collection.
- Integumentary: The Male body was generated from scans of a live model. With optimized geometric resolution for detailed renderings, and a high level of anatomical accuracy representing an ideal physique. The Integumentary system currently comes with 2 models: Male skin w/ and w/o genitalia.