VHA works to help its members improve operational and clinical performance through its supply chain management services and its member networks. As part of its efforts to help members save money on purchases, it conducts ongoing product evaluations, analyses vendors, and looks at topics such as product quality, value to members, cultural fit, financial viability, management, and innovation. Due diligence includes member feedback and complete reference checks. PatientKeeper was selected as a mobile health care supplier because the mobile software drives sustainable results, improves quality, reduces costs, and helps providers increase revenue.
"We continually evaluate products and services to ensure our members have access to the latest tools that improve clinical and economic performance", stated Amy Anthony, vice president of supplier services for VHA. "Based on our analysis, as well as the member feedback, VHA pursued an opportunity to develop a business relationship with PatientKeeper to meet our member needs for mobile applications."
There are already many VHA members throughout the country successfully using PatientKeeper. "Covenant Healthcare started with a small group of users and was able to rapidly scale our deployment because of the demand from our doctors", stated Keith Grantham, director of information technology at Covenant HealthCare, a VHA member. "We achieved a 60 percent adoption rate in only two months. PatientKeeper scaled beautifully. Even as we loaded up the system with many users, we have not witnessed any negative impact on performance."
Halifax Community Health System of Daytona Beach, Florida is a VHA member comprised of a 764-bed hospital, hospice locations, and multiple urgent care centres distributed throughout locations in Volusia County. "We chose PatientKeeper Clinical Results because of its functionality and the ability to directly integrate with our Meditech system", stated Lori DeLone, CIO of Halifax Community Health System. "With PatientKeeper, there are no interfaces to manage. We recently added PatientKeeper Charge Capture and implemented it in just four weeks."
PatientKeeper offers a broad portfolio of mobile applications that support the work flow of physicians and other health care professionals. PatientKeeper supports Palm OS and Windows Mobile devices, and any tablet or PC running a Web browser, allowing physicians to utilize the computer platform most appropriate and convenient for their work. The VHA contract offers members the PatientKeeper Platform, the company's open application framework, and the broad portfolio of fully integrated applications.
- Charge Capture which streamlines the front end of the billing process and delivers a proven, demonstrable return on investment
- Clinical Results which delivers essential patient information - medication histories, lab results, alerts, vitals and I/Os, and other information - to clinicians' mobile devices
- Clinical Desktop which aggregates information from multiple sources and gives clinicians easy access via the Web to essential information about their patients from their tablet, laptop, or desktop computer
- ePrescription that lets clinicians produce error-free prescriptions directly on their PDAs and send a complete prescription directly to the pharmacy
- Mobile Dictation which provides a fast and accurate way for clinicians to dictate notes from any location with patient medical record numbers (MRN) and provider information automatically inserted into the record
- Reference Library which gives clinicians quick and convenient access to medical references while viewing their patients' clinical data on their mobile devices
- Provider Directory which provides users with access to a complete directory of providers in their geographic area
- eSignature which allows clinicians to conveniently sign clinical documents from handheld devices or using a Web browser
- Forms that lets clinicians easily and accurately capture form-based information about a patient or patient encounter