International Master on Medical Informatics and Telemedicine to start in January 2007
Desio 04 August 2006The International Institute of Tele-Medicine (IITM) will organise an International Master on Medical Informatics and Telemedicine in collaboration with @ITIM, the Italian Association of Telemedicine
and Medical Informatics, starting in January 2007 and ending in December 2007, at the Polo Tecnologico Universitario in Desio, near Milan, in Italy. The registration deadline is November 5, 2006.
The lessons, labs, e-learning studies and stages will amount to 900 hours and are divided as follows: 200 hours on site during 1 week every 3 months; 180 hours by e-learning; 250 hours individual study; 250 hours stage in hospitals, universities, ICT companies, etc.; and 20 hours for examinations.
The on site lessons will be divided in 4 modules of 50 hours, each time 1 week or 6 days. The first module will take place 8-13 January 2007 and will consist of:
- Data information and knowledge in Medicine
- Classification and coding systems of medical information (ICD, SNOMED, etc.)
- Medical records and clinical data bases
- Multimedia databases in biomedicine (data, signals, images, etc.)
- Data bases in health care and registers in epidemiology (clinical, genomics, etc.)
- Biological and genomic data banks and bioinformatics aspects
- Data analysis and statistical software (i.e. SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- Data Mining and neural networks in biomedicine
- Artificial intelligence in medicine and aspects of neuro-informatics
The second module will take place 2-7 April 2007 and will consist of:
- DBMS and programming languages for medical informatics (Cache system, etc.)
- Medical and Hospital information systems: ADT, CIS, LIS, etc.
- RIS/PACS and medical imaging
- Standards in medical informatics (HL7, DICOM, XML, ...)
- Health information systems (local, regional and national)
- Smart cards in health care services
- Networking and infotelematic infrastructure in health care and communication lines (fixed, mobile, wi-fi, etc.)
The third module will take place 2-7 July 2007 and will consist of:
- Telemedicine: definitions and applications
- Teleconsulting, telediagnosis, telemonitoring, etc.
- Telecardiology, teleradiology, telepathology, teledermatology, tele-ophtalmology, tele-emergency, etc.
- TeleHomeCare and telesurveillance of medical parameters (data, signals, etc.)
- pHealth and biomedical devices
The fourth module will take place 8-13 October 2007 and will consist of:
- Intra-extranet in hospital and health care services
- Internet in health care and facilities
- Medical Web site and portals in health care
- Telemedicine Web-based systems
- Web services and Grid technologies in biomedicine and health care
Examinations will take place at the beginning of December 2007. The number of partipants is restricted to 35. Costs amount to 4000 euro and 2500 euro for students or new graduates in the year 2006. Master Director is Francesco Sicurello, President of @ITIM/IITIM, PTUD - Lombardia Region, University of Milan Bicocca.
For more information you can contact the IMMIT secretary: Patrizia Magretti, Marco Brioschi, Valeria Bellettato at IITM c/o PTUD, Via Lampugnani 66, 20033 Desio, Milano, Italy, tel. +39-0362-627190, fax +39-0362-337840, or visit the @ITIM Web site.
[Medical IT News][Calendar][Virtual Medical Worlds Community][News on Advanced IT]