HealthGrid 2007 is the fifth annual conference dedicated to Grids for life science and health care. The goal of the conference is to give an opportunity to all stakeholders to review the status of the Grid technology and to evaluate the progress made in the development and deployment of Grid applications for life sciences, medical research and health care.
The conference programme will include a number of high-profile keynote presentations complemented by a set of high quality refereed papers which will be selected through the present call for papers. These oral contributions will be complemented by poster and demo sessions, also selected through the present call.
Conference attendees are Grid middleware and Grid applications developers, biomedical and health informatics users, and security and policy makers who participate in a set of multi-disciplinary sessions with a common interest for health. In this context, health covers all dimensions from molecule to man.
Papers are invited in but not limited to the following areas and topics:
- Development and deployment of Grid applications relevant to life sciences, medical research and health care, including bioinformatics, in silico drug discovery, medical imaging, public health, patient care.
- Expression of needs to solve complex questions in terms of CPU and/or storage from teams directly related to care and to public health.
- Presentation, status or outcome of national, European and international projects related to Grids for health, Grid middleware for health applications.
- Ethics, security, privacy, data protection and patient consent of health Grids.
- Testbed and end user test, unresolved technological issues in health Grids.
- Knowledge management in health Grids, medical and biological ontologies, data mining, data mediation and integration, standardisation.
- Virtual organisations in health Grids.
- High-Performance and distributed computing in health and biology.
- Challenging computing problems in life sciences, medical research and health care.