Acuo Technologies announces availability of Version 5.0 of DICOM Services Grid medical software
St. Paul 27 November 2006Acuo Technologies, a company specializing in the creation of high-performance software for intelligent medical image management, storage, and data migration, has made available Version 5.0 of its DICOM Services Grid solution. This latest software version will enable end users to better reconcile, distribute, and maintain medical image data to improve work flow, efficiency, and reliability.
"Version 5.0 will allow our OEM and VAR partners to help their customers be more successful in managing the increasing size and flow of medical images", stated Jeff Timbrook, CEO of Acuo Technologies. "Because the DICOM Services Grid is platform neutral and employs the computing powers of many, it will allow any imaging centre, regional hospital or hospital network to better connect, secure, and store medical images now and for the future."
Improved features for this version include:
- Superior lossless and lossy image compression quality via Wavelet based JPEG 2000
- Support for Storage Commit as a Storage Class Provider for reliable delivery of image data
- Rules-based Normalization support to clean and normalize patient data prior to storage or when integrating with other 3rd party PACS
- Additional Modality Worklist tags supported per the 2005 Revisions of DICOM
- VPN-less Encryption support for high demand by multi-site customers Enhanced Statistical Reporting
- ARPS - Acuo RIS/PACS Synchronizer to promote brokerless environments
- Conversion of HL7 Reports to DICOM Structured Reports for storage and distribution
- Support for SQL Server 2005
- Enhanced support for Active Directory Users/Groups for authentication
"The development team at Acuo continues to set the pace of innovation for our industry as demonstrated by the features listed above", Jeff Timbrook stated. "We believe that Acuo products deliver tremendous value to our partners and their customers. As well, we are excited about Acuo demonstrating IHE XDS and XDS-I functionality for Cross Document Sharing in the IHE Connectathon for this year's RSNA."
Acuo Technologies, with headquarters in St. Paul, Minnesota, was founded in 2000 with the objective of developing the first enterprise-wide collaborative asset management solution for medical DICOM images residing in a Picture Archiving and Communications System (PACS). Its first commercial product received United States Food and Drug Administration 510-K approval in 2001. Since this time, over 90 medical sites around the world have deployed AcuoMed/AcuoStore software solutions.
[Medical IT News][Calendar][Virtual Medical Worlds Community][News on Advanced IT]