Telemedicine, also known as telehealth, means using information and communications technologies for the delivery of health care services. Telemedicine reduces the unnecessary hospitalizations and reduces waiting lists for medical treatment with a significant saving factor on economical resources. This technology gives patients the ability to monitor the specific parameters of their conditions and then have the information sent directly to their physicians for management of their disease process via telephone, cellular or the Internet.
With wireless technologies playing a greater role in remote monitoring solutions, these innovative solutions enable mobile people to get assistance and care from anywhere at any time, save costs and travel time and reduce anxiety.
"By offering innovative mobile and wireless monitoring solutions we are enabling people on the move to get all the benefits of telemedicine and telecare technologies, enjoy their lives and save costs", explained David Rubin, Aerotel's CEO. "Aerotel's mobile solutions offer significant clinical and economical benefits for patients, families, physicians and administrators.
At CeBIT Eurasia the two companies will be demonstrating the following wireless telehealth and telecare solutions:
- Wireless homecare hubs - Used for connecting multiple medical sensors in the home, for example blood pressure or electrocardiogram (ECG) for chronic care & disease management, transmitting the data to a remote medical call centre via any Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone on the Turkcell network. These hubs offer the best "total cost of ownership" solution for home monitoring of medical parameters and provide the best means to monitor chronically ill patients.
- Wireless ECG - A software-less solution that turns practically any Bluetooth enabled cellular phone into a medical data acquisition and transmission hub. It can connect to various home monitoring devices, such as Aerotel's HeartView Personal hand-held 12-lead ECG monitor via Bluetooth. The solution enables easy and effective transmission of clinical information to a remote monitoring centre for interpretation and immediate care.
- HeartOne - An innovative, single lead, easy to use, ultra-compact ECG recorder/transmitter, HeartOne is unique in its portability and capability of maximizing patient mobility. It's so small that it easily fits into a pocket, making it readily available for use at any time and any place. Recorded results can be transmitted to the Heartline Receiving Station (HRS) from any standard telephone.
- Medical Receiving Software - Aerotel offers a suite of remote receiving solutions for medical monitoring with powerful software tools, designed for health care service providers and monitoring call centres serving multiple home care and mobile care users in remote locations. These advanced monitoring solutions include Aerotel's web integration tool that enables secure remote access for patients or doctors to data stored in the patient database, from anywhere.
- SKeeper personal safety phone - A wearable emergency alarm and cellular communicator device developed by Aerotel. SKeeper enables elderly people, children or lone workers to be in close contacts with their relatives or caregivers and get immediate help in case of need from a tele-assistance centre with 24x7 human responses. It enables two-way voice calls and text messages with an advanced alerting system for enhanced personal security.