The agreement with Aerotel enables T-Care to provide its clients with the most advanced range of telemedicine and home care services, including tele-assistance and tele-cardiology. With these innovative solutions, health care organisations such as hospitals, private and public health care institutions can now offer their patients a simple and efficient means to monitor the state of their health. T-Care has established a modern remote monitoring call centre in the city of Vila Real, in the North of Portugal with Aerotel's technical assistance.
"The agreement with Aerotel is important since it gives us immediate access to state of the art technologies, which are essential for our services and enable us to offer a wide range of remote monitoring services", stated the T-Care Management Board.
"Telemedicine is a growing market on a global basis and in Portugal we see a fast growing market", stated David Rubin, President and CEO of Aerotel Medical Systems. "Having T-Care as a business partner will allow us both to develop advanced solutions for the growing Portuguese market and to capitalize on the opportunities at hand."
Telemedicine, also known as telehealth, means using information and communications technologies for the delivery of health care services. Telemedicine reduces the unnecessary hospitalizations and reduces waiting lists for medical treatment with a significant saving factor on economical resources. This technology gives patients the ability to monitor the specific parameters of their conditions and then have the information sent directly to their physicians for management of their disease process via telephone, cellular or the Internet.
"Thanks to telemedicine technology chronically ill patients now have access to advanced health care services and are offered the possibility to be monitored without leaving the comfort of their home or while traveling, and still follow a tight treatment protocol that results in the benefit of their quality of life", stated David Rubin.
The Aerotel-T-Care agreement covers a range of advanced telemedicine and telehealth solutions, including:
- Medi-CliniQ - Aerotel's multi-patient data communication hub and acquisition centre intended for use in public places such as community clinics, assisted living, pharmacies, etc. It is used for the transmission of up to various clinical values to a medical centre over the Internet. Values may include electrocardiogram (ECG), blood pressure, pulse oximeter, blood glucose level, weight, etc.
- Homecare data communication hubs - Used for connecting multiple medical sensors in the home for chronic care and disease management, transmitting the data to a medical call centre via regular phone lines (Tele-Modem) or over the Internet (Connect-LAN). These hubs offer the best "total cost of ownership" solution for home monitoring of medical parameters and provide the best means to monitor chronically ill patients.
- HeartView - The market's smallest professional 12-lead ECG Transtelephonic Recorder/Transmitter. A user-friendly device, HeartView enables the transmission of comprehensive ECG data from any place and at any time, over the phone through to the Aerotel's Heartline Receiving Station for immediate diagnosis.
- HeartOne - An innovative, single lead, easy to use, ultra-compact ECG recorder/transmitter, HeartOne is unique in its portability and capability of maximizing patient mobility. It's so small that it easily fits into a pocket, making it readily available for use at any time and any place. Recorded results can be transmitted to the Heartline Receiving Station (HRS) from any standard telephone.
- Cardiac Loop Event Recorders - Aerotel's user-friendly loop event recorders (1 or 2 lead models) are used for accurate documenting of transient cardiac symptoms, enabling long-term transtelephonic monitoring of cardiac activity.
- Call Center Receiving Solutions - Aerotel offers a suite of remote receiving solutions for medical monitoring with powerful software tools, designed for health care service providers and monitoring call centres serving multiple home care and mobile care users in remote locations. These advanced monitoring solutions include Aerotel's web integration tool that enables secure remote access for patients or doctors to data stored in the patient database, from anywhere. State-of-the-art solutions, these software programmes can optimize disease management programmes by allowing health care providers to review and share relevant patient information from anywhere. They also help health care providers achieve and maintain long-lasting relationships with their patients and save significant costs.
- SKeeper - Personal Safety Alarm Phone - SKeeper is a wearable safety alarm and cellular communicator device developed by Aerotel. SKeeper enables elderly people, children or lone workers to be in close contacts with their relatives or caregivers and get immediate help in case of need from a tele-assistance centre with 24x7 human response.