"We are astounded by the growth and acceptance of iMedicor within the medical community", stated Fred Zolla, CEO and President of Vemics, parent company to iMedicor. "We recognized early in our development stage that the electronic transfer of medical records, files and images was lacking in modern communication between doctors and other health care workers. The acceptance of our new portal reaffirms that our decision to develop HIPAA-compliant tools was right on the mark. iMedicor is quickly becoming the Doctors' Internet."
Vemics recently announced its partnerships with the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association (HCMA), the Association of Black Cardiologists and the Pulmonary Hypertension Association. More association announcements for iMedicor are expected in the coming weeks. The portal's proprietary HIPAA-compliant technology and ability to enable health providers to exchange medical record data, x-rays, mammography, etc. are what distinguishes it from the chat-room-style portals for doctors currently in existence.
"A looming danger exists for health care providers on non-HIPAA compliant portals", stated Fred Zolla. "Physicians can inadvertently violate HIPAA rules and subject themselves to tremendous liability. With all the extra tools out there now for the health care community - choosing which on-line tools to use is more important than ever in light of patient privacy concerns, liability for doctors, for their legal counsel in advising them and health care insurers in general."
The launch of iMedicor's portal comes on the heels of some of the world's most influential companies entering the valuable personal health record (PHR) space. "Especially with Microsoft and Google entering the fray, we see multiple opportunities to partner with these important companies in the PHR area and create dynamic physician-sharing interfaces using iMedicor's proprietary HIPAA compliant system", stated Fred Zolla.
Some of iMedicor's features include:
- HIPAA-compliant personal health information exchange, including documents & images
- An on-line referral and consultation community
- An expansive multi-speciality video and text based CME/CEU catalogue
- A voice recognition driven medical documentation system
- Medical association section for regular interaction between associations and constituents
- Access to health care-specific blogs and forums
- An events section that gives members and participating organisations the ability to publish up-coming events to gain exposure
- A practice improvement section that offers courses and information on better practice management
- Access to various educational resources as needed by physicians and other health care providers