Developed using Gearworks' Appmosphere mobile application platform, OnCare simplifies management of care professionals in the field and allows organisations to focus on delivering quality patient care. OnCare represents a new set of wireless carrier-delivered mobile business applications designed using Appmosphere to explicitly match the unique needs of specific market segments - such as home health care.
"OnCare illustrates the power of the Gearworks' Appmosphere platform to efficiently deliver innovative on-deck mobile applications", stated Brent Iadarola, Global Research Director, Mobile and Wireless, Frost and Sullivan. "Utilizing the Appmosphere 'write once and run any' capability, Gearworks can customize OnCare to fit the unique care plans of any health care enterprise, positioning Gearworks and its carrier partners to serve this fast growing market segment."
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts the number of home health care and personal aides to grow 50 percent to 2,3 million employed by 2016, driven by the demands of an aging population and the substantial cost savings from delivering care in home. Tens of thousands of home health care agencies struggle to meet growing administrative and regulatory requirements and increased fuel, employee and treatment costs in the face of fixed reimbursements.
Deployed on BlackBerry and other advanced mobile devices, as well as low-cost, mass-market mobile phones, and ready-to-integrate to health care information management systems, OnCare allows home care and hospice organisations to economically increase productivity, ensure compliance and improve outcomes, saving $300 per aide per month through reduced costs, increased visits and capturing missed interventions.
"With Appmosphere, we can now develop and deploy a rich, purpose-built application across phones and carriers in weeks", stated Doug Marinaro, vice president of marketing and business development for Gearworks. "OnCare is more than an out-of-the-box solution for health care. It's a reference application that can be customized in days for enterprises or for software vendors joining our Appmosphere Partners Network."
OnCare by Gearworks uses GPS to help home care and hospice organisations increase productivity, ensure compliance and improve patient outcomes. The solution combines care plan information with location, ensuring that patient care plans are followed and billed accurately, reducing paperwork, expediting payroll and reducing fuel costs.
Key features include:
- login and screen-lock for patient data security
- easy timecards including integration to popular payroll systems
- panic/assistance button for improved staff safety
- two-way messaging to stay in-touch discreetly without text charges
- daily visit plan updated automatically with alerts for schedule changes
- pre-built integration with health care information systems for increased efficiency
- configurable care plans to guide care and speed reimbursement
- easy health care-specific data entry for clear and consistent documentation
- turn-by-turn, audible navigation to reduce mileage costs and improve staff safety
- over-the-air application updates to minimize IT downtime for customizations
- Web portal showing current locations of caregivers to let supervisors respond to interventions or schedule changes
- hosted on a secure carrier-grade infrastructure with 24/7 United States-based support