"This architecture is a fundamental game changer for both the health care and Business Intelligence industries. The Datanex Platform provides a scalable, secure, high performance platform that removes most of the technical barriers to entry for health care application developers", stated John Peebles, Sentry's CIO. He added: "I believe Sentry is uniquely positioned to be able to provide the most cost-effective interoperable technology platform to organisations that do not want to focus on infrastructure challenges."
Datanex is a high performance electronic health care infrastructure and transaction processing fabric, which collects data from hundreds of disparate systems and data sources. The Datanex Platform is host to Sentry's current suite of products and serves hundreds of locations, millions of patients, thousands of providers across thirty states and currently processes millions of health care transactions each day.
The Datanex Platform includes robust security and privacy features, which protect the movement of data and constrain permissions to the respective owners of any Protected Health Care Information. "Sentry's platform renders all other BI systems cost prohibitive and nearly obsolete. This platform provides a foundation for applications that need to consistently access, transport, and report on health care data assembled from hundreds or thousands of sources, which is the cornerstone requirement of any portable electronic medical record infrastructure", stated Travis Leonardi, President of Sentry Data Systems Inc.
The Datanex Platform removes costly infrastructure and investment by providing five critical components, allowing ISVs to focus on their products and services:
- Datanex GRID: a high security, highly scalable, on-demand virtual server infrastructure that can host client applications and interact with the other components of the Datanex platform.
- Datanex QDC: the Quantum Data Construct, a proprietary, ultra high performance, massively scalable distributed database with a shared-nothing architecture. Datanex QDC is built for quickly storing and retrieving Health Record Units (HRU) across multi-million populations of patients and providers involving petabytes of associated information.
- Datanex ETL: an Extract, Transform and Load infrastructure and associated service provided by Sentry which focuses on quickly extracting health care data formats and standards, with an emphasis on grading the quality of data and alerting when certain error thresholds are breached.
- Datanex API: the Application Programming Interface that interfaces between Datanex QDC, the Datanex GRID, and applications. The Datanex API provides rich a rich toolkit to developers who need to access and utilize health care data, while not worrying about the underlying details.
- Datanex NET: a secure Network Transport and Interoperability layer that brokers health care transactions between Datanex Platform instances and serves as a digital highway for platform subscribers.