Medscape Mobile includes the most comprehensive drug information, clinical reference tools, medical news and continuing medical education (CME). It is the only mobile application to include specialty-specific news from Medscape's award-winning professional news team. Medscape Mobile also includes CME activities organized by specialty and designed for use on a mobile device.
"Medscape Mobile extends the reach of Medscape's information and applications from the desktop to the mobile devices that physicians are already using in a variety of clinical settings", stated Steve Zatz, M.D., Executive Vice President, WebMD. "Our on-line physician audience will now have access to Medscape's comprehensive medical information in their specialty, wherever and whenever they need it."
Medscape Mobile is available to the largest network of physicians and health care professionals, who depend on Medscape for trusted, timely medical information. Medscape Mobile builds upon more than a decade of experience in providing medical information and education to health care professionals. It expands the availability of Medscape's free content and applications, which generates more than 1,5 million physician visits per month.
Medscape Mobile is currently available on the iPhone and iPod touch and will be offered on additional mobile platforms, including BlackBerry, later this year. Medscape will launch additional mobile features this year, further enhancing its value to physicians at the point-of-care.
Medscape Mobile is a free information service and its comprehensive features include:
- Drug database of over 6000 generic and brand name drugs, plus hundreds of herbals, supplements and antidotes.
- Drug interaction checker that quickly shows interactions for a combination of up to 30 drugs, herbals and/or supplements.
- Medscape Medical News with up-to-date, specialty-focused medical content across more than 30 specialties.
- Continuing Medical Education from MedscapeCME in formats created specifically for the mobile device.
- The WebMD Health Directory featuring contact information for over 400.000 physicians, 57.000 pharmacies, and 6000 hospitals in a convenient search format.