We hereby repeat the call for papers on behalf of the renowned publication IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine. This call is launched by Dr. Robert S.H. Istepanian, as editor of the Special T-ITB Issue on Mobile Telemedicine and Telehealth Systems, to appear in March 2000.
In recent years telemedicine and telehealth activities have seen large number successful applications in different disciplines in health care delivery that promise improved quality care and cost effectiveness. The convergence of information and telecommunication infrastructures around telemedicine and mobile telecare systems is fostering a diversity of cost effective and mobile technologies that will have a powerful impact on the way different health care organisations are delivering health care to their patients and will reshape the future of health care delivery by utilising new technologies.
However, the integration of new telecommunication technologies into telemedicine and telehealth systems for enhanced utilisation of clinically efficient and cost effective mobile health care delivery systems has seldom been evaluated in systematic way within the next generation of telemedical systems. The special issue on Mobile Telemedicine and Telehealth Systems intends to address some of these critical and important concepts.
The purpose of this special issue is to assemble original and innovative contributions in the areas of mobile telemedicine and telehealth systems. Authors are particularly invited to submit paper contributions including, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Wireless telemedicine and communications technologies in Healthcare.
- Mobile telehealth applications and new home care telecare systems.
- Emerging Engineering issues of patient critical care and provision.
- Wireless LANs and Data communications for health care networks.
- Space Telemedicine and Satellite Applications.
- Virtual technologies in health care systems and hospital environments.
- Emerging virtual telesurgery, telepresence and teleoperation systems.
- Submission of manuscripts to the special issue: 1 September 1999
- Accepted papers after revision must be received by: 15 November 1999
- Planned publication date: March 2000
Manuscripts should be prepared according to the Information to Authors in IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine. Guidelines are available at: http://titb.nextgeninter.net
Authors have to submit six (6) copies of each manuscript to:
Dr. Robert S. H. Istepanian, Special Issue Editor
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
University of Portsmouth
Anglesea Building, Anglesea Road, Portsmouth P01 3DJ, UK
Fax: +44 (01705) 842561, Tel: +44 (01705) 842383
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Ryerson Polytechnic University
350 Victoria Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5B 2K3, Canada
Fax: +1 (416) 979 5280, Tel: +1 (416) 9795000